Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby!

Seven years ago today I had my first and best homebirth.
It was such a breeze that I remember thinking how sad it was that I finally got this whole childbirth thing figured out and I'd never get to do it again.

It snowed the day Skye was born and her birth was such a peaceful, beautiful experience that I named her Skylar Grace, to remind us both of her graceful entrance into this world.

Now she's seven, and I'm left with the increasingly familiar sense of wonder at the passage of time...

Each one of my daughters was a dream come true, each one is uniquely loved, each one teaches me new things every day.

Things I love about Skylar at 7:

  • She's amazingly forgiving.
  • That smile.
  • She shares without reservation.
  • Her hair is the cutest thing I've ever even seen.
  • She makes her bed every single day.
  • She loves to create: color, draw, paint, sing, dance

Happy Birthday my Bitty Girl!

I hope you feel how much you are loved, today & every day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday pretty girl.

Barbi by the Sea said...

Our Skylar girl truly is a shy, sweet and very busy sweetheart. Her talents are many. We love her so very much. Just the way she is.
Her sense of humor is amazing.
lv u gma