Sunday, January 24, 2010

January Distractions

So, for me, the problem with loving Christmas so much is that I am so sad to see it end.

January is definitely my least favorite month.

This year was just as bad as always and when I took all my beautiful Christmas things down, I thought my house looked so awful that I literally started painting immediately.

I started with the fireplace, but before I knew it, I had spent many, many days, multiple trips to Home Depot and several gallons of paint, and painted the entire main level - family room, kitchen, hallway, dining room and front room.

It was a lot of work but it looks so much better!

But I can't wait to see how beautiful it looks like when I get to put my tree up again... :)


Christmasy Before...



Non-Christmasy After...


More pictures coming...

6 comments:

the watkins said...

I really like the red. Painting can make such a difference and really "warm" a house! Can't wait to see more pictures.

SweetmamaK said...

Love it! I started last year...I"m still not done- you are a motivator!

Quite Content said...

Wow!!!! We really like it. I can't wait for more pictures to come. it looks great.

engstewart said...

Looks great, Heidi! I love the colors you picked. What else have you got planned for your house? We've got gallons of unopened paint but we're a little lacking in the motivation department- maybe your work will spur us on! :)

Elder Nicholas Sinks said...

Wow, you have been busy! I'm not a fan of January either. I wish we could just skip it and go right to February, but than we probably wouldn't like it either.

Barbi by the Sea said...

Sweet Girl, your house really does look great. I do love your color selection. You have done a great job. I even got to witness you taking all the light swith plates off before you started painting the Kitchen. You have become a real pro-house painter. A possible new career on the horizon?