Saturday, November 24, 2007

Bayli Isabella, Our Thanksgiving Miracle






I couldn't be more thrilled to be able to say that my sweet miracle baby has finally arrived!! What could be a more perfect birthday than Thanksgiving?? I was having contractions Wednesday night at 10:00 pm while I made the pumpkin pies, but they were really irregular so I really didn't think it was anything major. Obviously, I was wrong about that... Bayli decided to make up for lost time and showed up in a hurry - she was born at 4:44 am. The home birth went really well and I was lucky to have such a sweet husband and an incredible midwife to help me through a pretty intense couple of hours. :) Mike ran out and got the girls & my Mom as soon as Bayli was born and they all rushed in in a hurry. The midwife laid Bayli on my chest and she immediately started wiggling around and lifting up her head. She was so healthy & strong & perfect - I feel like the luckiest Mom in the whole world! She started nursing right away with no trouble at all and is doing wonderfully! Her big sisters are all so thrilled - I can hardly get a chance to hold her myself! She's a lucky girl... :) Mike, Bayli & I went back to bed and I woke up to a complete Thanksgiving dinner made by my sweet Momma. What an incredible day.


Here's a few pictures of our newest addition... I can't imagine a more perfect start to the holidays!

3 comments:

Quite Content said...

Congratulations Heidi and Family!!! We couldn't be more excited and more blessed this Thanksgiving season. She looks so perfect and I am so glad that things went so well for you during the birth. We can't wait to see more pictures when you get a chance. Congratulations again and Happy Birthday Bayli! Love, Aunt Erika, Uncle Eric, Cousin Alex

the watkins said...

She looks so cute and perfect! That sounds like a really nice Thanksgiving. We were all at my Grandma's when we heard about how great things went, and I love the name!

Mike said...

Heidi,
I was so proud of how you did during the birth. You were amazing!
Love, Me.