Sunday, November 15, 2009

Party Girl

My almost-2-year-old!

I can't believe my baby's almost 2!
Yesterday we had her little birthday party,
a little early since "Namma" and "Papa" are leaving to spend Thanksgiving in Houston.

She was so excited about her party, and most especially her "friend" that was coming - Uncle Jeff.


She looked so cute in her birthday dress, but wouldn't sit still for a picture, so I had to settle with the few I could take while she drug a chair over to start eating the fruit on the island...





Bayli loves indian food, so we had a crazy delicious dinner from our favorite indian restaurant, Little Nepal.

We also had fruit, yummy punch, birthday cake and mandatory pumpkin pie.
Since Bayli was born on Thanksgiving Day,
and I was literally making pumpkin pies when I went into labor,
we will always have pumpkin pie on her birthday. :)

I made my own crust and it was way yummy.



A year later and I'm still thrilled that my parents can be here for our special days...
So is Bay.


My birthday girl was happy, happy, happy when her aunt & uncle showed up (& even loved lots on Aunt Corey before she spent the rest of the night with Uncle Jeff)


If you ask her how old she is going to be on her birthday, she'll tell you "ummm... two!" and hold up all her fingers. :)

But she needed a little help blowing out the candles...



loving her cake! & showing off her new toddler "smile"



This was the first time she was able to open presents by herself!

She loved it!

then made everyone laugh as she ran to show each one to Uncle Jeff...


So, so blessed to have this sweet little angel in my life.

3 comments:

the watkins said...

Looks like a fun party! I can't believe she is two.

Barbi by the Sea said...

We truly are blessed to have this little one in our family. The party was so much fun and I still laugh just thinking about her response to each gift. She was all " Miss Business" when it came to tearing off all the wrappings.

SweetmamaK said...

wow she's soo cute, and I can't beleive I've been reading your blog now for two years!