Friday, February 18, 2011

New Year's Day

The best way to bring in the New Year - with family. :)

We spent New Year's Eve with Corey & Jeff, so I invited my mom & dad over for a traditional southern New Year's Day dinner - black-eyed peas & cornbread. :)

Although, my mom is the one from the south and she makes way better black-eyed-peas than me, so she made those. :) I made the cornbread & my yummy Texas Caviar (with black-eyed-peas).

After dinner, the girls taught Grandma & Grandpa their new game Dixit.

There was a lot of laughing.

After the game, the kids watched tv upstairs while we watched "Eat Pray Love" on the giant screen in the basement. I gave the movie to my mom as a Christmas gift. I gave the dvd to my Mom for Christmas, but I read & loved the book so I was really excited to see it too.
It was such a fun night & made me so grateful to have my parents in town for special days like these...

0 comments: