We were both a little nervous, but the day we met Mrs. Durck was a lucky one for my whole family.
I don't know if it was her huge, compassionate heart or her easy, contagious smile, but we both loved her right away. That feeling just grew the more time we spent with her. As both the classroom Room Parent & Party Coordinator, I was lucky enough to work closely with Linda all year long. I loved being in her classroom & being around her. Her genuine love for her students was so beautiful. She got to know them each individually & made everything fun. She was a joy to be around. She even helped ease my longing for my far-away momma, because Linda has that same beautiful loving spirit that's so present in my mom.
She's just good for the soul.
Ryann & I both cried on the last day of school, knowing that Linda wouldn't be her teacher anymore. Ryann moved on to 4th grade and another wonderful teacher that we both loved instantly. But a month into school, Ryann's much-loved young 4th grade teacher died suddenly. It was truly heartbreaking & Ryann took it so hard. Linda & the beautiful Jodi Brown were there for Ryann on a level that I couldn't have imagined possible. Ryann was welcome in Linda's classroom anytime and Linda went out of her way on a daily basis to make sure Ryann was okay. The amazing love & compassion she showed to my heartbroken girl got us both through such a difficult time.
She is an angel to me.
I would do anything for her.
When it was Madi's turn for 3rd grade, I broke all the rules & begged her 2nd grade teacher to put Madi in Linda's class. My lucky Madi ended up with Linda too, during another crazy time in our lives - right when Bayli was born & the girls were sent off to different schools due to mold problems. Busy with a newborn & now driving to two different schools, I wasn't able to spend as much time in the classroom as I wanted, but again, Linda was there for my sensitive girl & showed her the most geniune love. Madi absolutely thrived in her presence.
Linda Durck is an amazing woman
and we are so lucky to know her.
So when I recently heard that Linda had been diagnosed with breast cancer, I immediately wanted to do anything I could to help her & try to give back some of the incredible love & service that she shown to me & my family. A mutual friend put together a team to do the Race for the Cure to support Linda, & I couldn't wait to join. When Ryann heard, we signed her up too.
There are not many people that I would get up for at 5:00 am. Linda's definitely one of them. It was chilly & early, but I was so happy to have a way to support my dear friend.
I was so thrilled to get there & see Linda.
Feeling nauseous & wearing a hat that said "Bad Hair Day", she was all smiles & hugs & full of silliness with her former students.
I was so happy to wear a sign in support of Linda, and also in celebration of my two favorite Barbaras - my beautiful Momma & the amazing Ms. Ellis. What a blessing to have such truly loving & inspirational women in my life.
I had a great run, all the time grateful for my healthy body & for the presence in my life of these wonderful women that I love so much.
I am truly blessed in so many ways.
Your beautiful spirit has truly blessed us.
I'm so thankful to know you.
We love you Linda!!






0 comments:
Post a Comment