I absolutely love sleeping with my sweet little chunky monkey! Every morning, I am awakened by the sweetest, most adorable baby sounds as she is thrilled to discover once again that she is awake and alive. But when I say every morning, I use "morning" very loosely... She's an early bird and when she decides to wake up, it rarely feels like morning to me... Today this miraculous discovery occured at 3:00 am. Being so not a morning person, my first response is denial, followed by my standard "I don't care if you are awake, it's the middle of the night & I am not getting up", followed by the realization that neither of us is sleeping, so I might as well get up with her. She is happy, happy, happy and I let her play while I fold laundry & clean the house 'til she's tired and we can go back to bed... It's such a crazy routine! But I am constantly aware that this is the baby that I never thought I'd have and even at 3:00 am, I can't help but be delighted by her happiness, savor these fleeting baby moments and feel blessed & absolutely thrilled that she's here.
My happy, happy early bird at 4 am





6 comments:
That's way too early, but that face is adorable. You can't get mad at that little cutie.
What a cutie! I was up at 3:00 too (of course, by choice- playing video games). Maybe Bayli's gonna follow in her Uncle Eric's footsteps (one can only hope)... ;)
Love ya!
I'm sorry for your lack of sleep but she is so cute, you can't get upset at her with that smile. hope she doesn't do that every morning.
So happy you enjoy the Bayli girl no matter what the time. I wake up at that time and I don't have the fun of a funny cuddle bug. She is such a sweety and an arm full of fun not matter the time.
Enjoy sweet girl as you know they grow up way too fast. Love you
momma
Wow that is really early!!! I thought I was an early bird, Bayli sure has me beat in that contest. I am so glad that you have that perspective. I wish that I had that perspective earlier this week when Alex was up in the middle of the night not feeling well and I couldn't breathe because of my cold. I will try and remember your wise words when I am not so excited to get up.
i love this post! what an amazing example you are of cherishing the oh so fleeting moments of our children being children! so inspiring!
Post a Comment