Saturday, October 18, 2008

Shed-Building, Cousins & Games

I've spent the past week on a big, highly-anticipated & long-awaited project - Madi's room. I've been crazy busy - painting (a dresser, bookshelf & walls), stenciling, shopping and lots of cleaning & rearranging. Madi is beyond thrilled to have her own space and it's turning out so cute! I'm still doing the finishing touches, but I'll definitely post some pictures soon.

I've always felt like we really didn't have space in this house for Madi to have her own room, until Mike had the brilliant idea to build a storage shed - now everything in our basement storage room will move to the shed, everything in my scrapbook room moves to the storage room, and my scrapbook room becomes Madi's room.

So we got started last weekend. We're so lucky to have an awesome brother-in-law who spent all day helping my hubby build the shed. The girls were excited to play with their cute cousins and Corey & I were happy to catch up on some board games. We had the best Game Day. In 9 hours, between keeping track of 6 kids, we played a record 11 games - 1 Pecking Order, 4 St. Petersburg (our favorite), 3 Princes of Florence, 1 Parthanon, 1 Pueblo and 1 Thurn and Taxis. That's our most productive day ever! (We play so similarly that we often tie, but for those who want to keep track - that's 6 wins for me and 5 for my Squeester...)

So fun! Thanks Jeffy & Squeester!! The shed's not finished yet, so I can't wait for Round Two this weekend! :)

This is all for you Mad - are you feeling the love?

4 comments:

Barbi by the Sea said...

Yeah! for the Maddi girl she will have her own space. The gamers had a great time and the "Shed" looks great. Congratulation to everyone involved.
Lv u

SweetmamaK said...

Looks like lots of fun, I've never even heard of any of these games! You guys sure have a lot of fun. I wish I HAD A SISTER!!!!

Quite Content said...

That is fantastic. I am glad that you had a great time and that Madi gets to have her own room. We love you guys.

mom2boys said...

I really like how you posted the win/lose tally. And it's so surprising considering your non-competitive nature. NOT!