Sunday, June 6, 2010

Mother's Day

This is what I woke up to Mother's Day...

Sarah had been a little sick and not sleeping well. I don't think Erika realized how touching this was to me, on Mother's Day of all days, to find her the only one awake, sitting quietly holding her sleeping baby. It was so beautiful and such an accurate depiction of what motherhood is all about. It was just one of many precious little moments that come with being a mom, but to me it was absolutely beautiful.

Soon enough, the peace & quiet was over and Erika and her sweet little family were off to church...

while we had a little Mother's Day Brunch with Mike's side of the family...


Corey & I spent a little part of our Mother's Day playing board games while the cousins jumped on the trampoline, then my little family headed over to my Mom's. Since Mother's Day was also my Mom's birthday, we had a giant family spaghetti dinner. It was wonderful to spend my Mom's special day with so much family!




So, so grateful for a wonderful, beautiful Mom of my very own, and the four beautiful little girls that call me Mom. I am blessed and I know it. :)

(I like my new iPhone too...)

1 comments:

Quite Content said...

That was a beautiful post. I forgot that it was Mother's Day when that happened. It is amazing that it is so natural and your words about that experience were very touching. Thank you for posting that. It was great being there for Mother's Day and sharing it with so many great women who mother all the time.
Love ya Sis!!!!