Monday, June 2, 2008

Yucky Bananas

Believe it or not, my 18.5 lbs. of chunkalicious chubbiness is totally homegrown - just a breastfed baby that hasn't even started solids yet - at least not until tonight... None of my babies were ever too excited about solids, and my super-happy Chubby Chubby is obviously thriving, so I didn't see the need to complicate things. But her sisters have been so excited for her to start eating real food, so I decided to put our cute new highchair to use. I read that breastfed babies tend to prefer the sweeter flavor of banana as a first food, so we mashed one up and tried it out tonight with some pretty funny results... Check it out.

I'm guessing that banana's not her new favorite yet...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

she is so cute. Breastmilk is just so yummy, why would she want anything else. Not that I have ever tasted it. Anyway good luck and have fun trying new foods.

Quite Content said...

Hey Heidi & Fam,
Too cute!!!! I think that you should try sweet potatoes next. Alex loved them, or applesauce. I loved the face it was priceless!

engstewart said...

How cute! I love Mike's laugh in the background. Poor Bayli- I have to sympathize with her- banana-flavored baby food is NASTY!

4Girls4Me said...

Mike was cracking up - her little face was pretty funny. :) But it wasn't banana baby food, it was just a banana that I mashed up for her. It tasted exactly like a banana. Still not milk. :)