

You might think that during one of our little breaks in the day, I would be smart and stay home and relax, but you'd be wrong. We had a short break on Monday and were headed over to the pool when the thunderstorm rolled in. I felt bad for the girls so I decided to have a Cookie Day. I love to bake, but it makes me sad to admit that baking with my girls truly pushes my patience to the limit. A 30-minute job becomes a 2-hour job, full of "She got to put the eggs in! That's not fair!" and "Can I eat 44 chocolate chips, because she ate 44 chocolate chips!" and the dreaded but inevitable spilling of the perfectly-measured dry ingredients... All of these things are such a challenge for the anal-retentive mother. But I really wanted to do a fun activity with the girls, so Madi & I made a run to the store (for things I thought I already had when I made this suggestion) and we got started. We tried The Perfect Cookie recipe that I found on Mindi's blog - it was a huge hit! They were way too yummy! (Thanks Mindi!)
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COCONUT COOKIES
aka "The Perfect Cookie"
Source: Mystery Woman Barbara Boczany
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 c. brown sugar, packed
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 c. flour
- 2 1/4 c. oats
- 1 1/2 c. coconut
- 12 oz semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (2 cups)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat butter and sugars at high speed until fluffy. Add eggs and beat until blended. Beat in vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Add flour and mix at low speed until blended. Stir in oats, coconut and chocolate. Arrange in 1/4 cup mounds about 3 inches apart on large buttered baking sheets. Pat down to 1/2 inch. Bake in upper oven, rotating occaionally, 15-18 minutes. Cool one minute. Transfer to cooling rack. For smaller cookies, adjust baking time...but they are great when they're BIG.





3 comments:
How do you do all that? You are amazing to be able to do all that with a baby. Try to rest when you can.
Very detailed blog entry, Squeester. Very different style from my blog entries but I guess you get to do it any way you want to ; ) I didn't know Ryann was taking another hip hop class - good for her. I was worried that the one kinda negative experience ruined it for her. She's good at it so I'm proud of her. I can't wait to hear about the tryouts in July!
It's all great if you can keep up with it all. I will try your grand cookies. They look and sound great. You are one busy "Super Mom".
Love you
Post a Comment