I was brokenhearted to send my Skyli Grace off to full-day 1st grade last month. What would I do without her all day long?? For 6 years, she has been my little friend, accompanying me on all my boring errands, brightening my days with her giant smile, making the daily grind so much more fun. I was okay with preschool & kindergarten - let's face it, grocery shopping with no kids is not a bad gig - and I still had my afternoons with Skye. But then she started 1st grade. I knew I would especially miss our lunches. As much as I adore my sweet, chunkalicious baby, she's really not much of a conversationalist & also leaves the restaurant, herself & me looking like a food bomb exploded... So yesterday, when Skye had an early dismissal, I was delighted at the opportunity to go out to lunch with my sweetest lunch date. :) We used to go once a week, just the two of us ('til Bay arrived, of course), wherever she wanted to go, which was almost always the Indian restaurant. That's where we went yesterday & I so loved having my girl all to myself! Listening to her sweet little voice all afternoon as she innocently chattered away really made me realize how much I've missed her! Thanks Baby for sharing your little world with me today!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
1st grade was really hard for me too. glad you got to spend some time together
OOh, that Indian food looks TASTY!! I do miss your buffet sometimes.
Post a Comment