This is in response to a tag from Kareena a long time ago... This is one of my favorite recipes. It's light, healthy & delicious, Mike & I love it and the girls eat it (except Madi but that's a topic for another post...). My sister-in-law Erika made it for us once and now it's one of our favorites. It's best on a chilly night, but Skye & Mike have been asking for it, so made it this morning for dinner tonight (having dinner ready early is the best feeling ever!). I'm so glad I did, because now I have a fussy, teething baby who won't nap and it's looking like that may be the only thing I get done all day...
Anyway, here's the recipe:
Anyway, here's the recipe:
White Chicken Chili
1/4 c. butter
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 c. chicken broth
1 Tbs. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
2 Tbs. fresh cilantro
2 tsp. ground red chili powder
4 c. chicken, cubed, uncooked
2 cans great northern beans, undrained
Melt butter over medium heat, add onion & garlic and cook until clear. Add remaining ingredients, heat to boil, then reduce heat & simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
We like it with tortilla chips & shredded monterey jack cheese.
I love new recipes & all my best recipes are tried & true ones I've received from friends & family, so I tag everyone who reads this to post a favorite recipe...





1 comments:
This looks yummy, I've often read White Chili recipes, but I've not made it. I'll have to throw it in to our meal repertoire and see how the Mullens (of the south) like "white" chili! Texans are nutso about their Chili!
Post a Comment