Friday, August 8, 2008

Rainy Week in Review

After our brutal heat wave last week, I wasn't the least bit upset to get a nice, overcast & much cooler one this week! The girls just finished summer dance last Thursday, so we are trying to enjoy the last two weeks of summer & pack in as much fun as possible before they head back to school...

Monday - we packed a lunch & headed to the pool, to discover that the pump room flooded & it was closed! So we had a picnic in the park instead...

Bayli had fun in the baby swing...


Tuesday - Madi went to a 2-hour art camp, while the rest of us got a tour of our new school. All three girls are moving to our school's North Campus this year... Afterwards, we had lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant, then went to the movies... More rain in the afternoon, and the girls played!

Wednesday - On our way to the zoo, a semi was blocking the road. I got tired of waiting and decided it would be fun to stop at Seven Falls to eat our lunch. Ha ha ha. Another long line, 3 grumpy children and $25 later, we discover that you are not allowed to picnic inside the park. So we eat our lunch in the car, and the girls want to leave. But I just paid $25 to get in, so I make them climb the 224 stairs to the top of the falls and enjoy the beautiful scenery. Oddly, it was somewhat less enjoyable for me as they whined, complained & fought with each other the entire time...




We barely made it to the zoo before it closed! Bayli had fun in her cute stroller...

We all loved the zoo's new Sky Ride!


Thursday I woke up with the cold that the girls had... No fun!!

Today we are driving up to the mountains to camp in our hopefully-non-leaking tent for the weekend, head cold & all... We're loading up the dirt bikes and heading out for a fun weekend! (I just hope that we stay dry!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that is one busy week. I would have made my kids go up the waterfall too if I just paid the $$. Sorry you are not feeling well. I do hope you have a great time camping. Camping is always hard with a baby, especially when they want to crawl all over. Have fun and take lots of pictures to post.

Barbi by the Sea said...

Hey Baby Girl, sorry about the cold that is never fun. The falls and the Zoo sound great. I hope we can go to the zoo again when we visit you again. I hope you had a fun time camping. I do miss it. Hope you all had a great time with the "bikes" and all that good stuff. Lv you

mom2boys said...

The Sky Ride does look like fun but my big kid is scared and intrigued by it at the same time so we'll have to see...