Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fun for Fall

My girls love it when I bake something for an after-school snack. So yesterday I made a loaf of pumpkin bread - another one of my all-time favorite recipes. It's so yummy & especially great for fall.
Here's the recipe...

Pumpkin Bread

Mix together:
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1/3 c. water
1 c. pumpkin

Add:
2 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 c. flour (I use half white/half wheat)
Bake in floured loaf pan, 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees.
I usually double the recipe to make two loaves, then I can use a whole can of pumpkin. I also like to chop pecans and sprinkle them on top before I bake it.

3 comments:

SweetmamaK said...

I'll have to make this, it looks yummy yummy yummy!

Unknown said...

yum, i love the recipes. I have to try them

mom2boys said...

I can absolutely vouch for the super yummy deliciousness of this recipe : )