
The Ruths are some of our best friends - we always have fun together. Between us, we have seven girls! Their girls go to school with our girls and the six of them are best friends. After the week I had, it was wonderful when Lisa invited us over for the 4th of July! She is an awesome cook & can even make a seemingly ordinary meal like hamburgers & hot dogs amazingly good! :) The kids all disappeared as soon as we walked in the door and let the adults relax & visit. Bayli finally discovered some non-paper-products that she actually enjoys eating - Lisa's guacamole & watermelon.
I have been looking forward to Bayli's 1st 4th of July and being able to show her the fireworks, but sadly, I just wasn't feeling up to it last night. :( So we skipped the park and drove to where we could still see the fireworks but miss the parking, traffic & walking. The girls had fun with sparklers and little firecrackers, but I totally missed the excitement of the loud booms, the smells and the huge fireworks. Bayli was not into it at all - she's such an early bird - and the sorta cool fireworks way off on the horizon weren't enough to capture her interest... All she knew was that she was supposed to be at home in bed. So I guess we'll have to wait 'til next year... Still, it was a great day which left me feeling thankful to live in this amazing country, blessed with my wonderful family & friends and so happy for good health.






5 comments:
It looks like a fun time! How neat to have sooo many girls around, I'm hungry right now, I could eat a hot dog or two!
I had to make another comment- I looked at your movie lists, you forgot the classic, "throw mamma from the train" LOL--- aaah Good Times, Good Times
As always, such cute pictures!
my gosh! bayli is SO cute! i just want to gobble up her cheeks!
We skipped the fireworks too this year. But I'm already gearing up for them next year.
Post a Comment